Thursday, July 2, 2009

Topic of the Day July 2, 2009

A phrase I like alot n always use is pressure bust pipes. Today's topic is peer pressure and group conformity. Self Esteem and the need to belong are two sections of maslow's hierarchy of needs that I refer to the most often. I remember in the six grade wen my teacher for the first time presented the problem of peer pressure. Peer pressure is the act of influencing some on conciously or subconsciously to perform an act the they don't wanna or usually don't wanna perform. I have been view the social norms of college students n many things come to mind like tattoos, excessive alcohol, n weed, fuckin, n other irresponsible acts which later affects their ability to perform or get wat they want in life. Alot of people say their too old for it but is influence to do shit they don't wanna all the time. How has peer pressure effected you? And wat can you do to right what has been wronged

3 comments:

  1. i don't really believe peer pressure has ever really had much of an effect on me. A lot of what i do and have done is because i wanted to do those things. i've always been different than the rest of my friends. if they wanted to do something that i didn't want to do, i wouldn't do it! if anything, i may have pondered doing something i didn't want to but in the end i always did it MY way regardless of how anybody felt about it. soo to answer your question, no! lol

    FYI BTW if you're in your twenties and you're doing things because of peer pressure, then you're really lame. GROW UP.

    holla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So u Neva ain't feel like drinkin juss chillen n was influenced to drink or go to da club? Go shoppin wen u no ur money was limited, wear dem damn rainboots or snowboots or dress how EVA err body else was doing b/c of da current fashion movement

    ReplyDelete
  3. no lol when i took my first drink, i asked for it..i actually BEGGED for it cause my sister was like no cause i was underage [she still does that shit]...as far as rainboots, those shits are ugly so you wouldn't catch me in em..i don't care how many girls like em...umm shopping is an addiction..my friends talk me OUT of shopping with no money and i do it anyway lol..as far as fashion goes, i don't follow trends...the only time i can remember following a fashion trend was when I saw Pharrell with a letterman jacket on & i really want it..but that was more of a fashion fad..didn't last long..

    ReplyDelete